2017 Fair Royalty Competition
Fair Queen for 2016 is Sarah Dove
1. To be eligible, you must be between 12 and 18
years old as of January 1, 2017. You must be a
member of a Montgomery County 4-H/ FFA organization or a citizen of the Damascus School Cluster and applicant may not hold any other title.
2. All applications must be submitted with a wallet sized photo to the fair committee postmarked no later than August 25, 2017. Late applications cannot be accepted.
3. No more than 6 court members will be selected from the royalty applicants. From those members, a Fair King and Queen will be named during the coronation ceremony that will be held, Friday, September 8, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Pole Barn at the Fair.
4. Be prepared to participate in various activities throughout the fair weekend.
5. Applications can be picked up at Gladhill Brothers in Damascus after June 10th, 2017.
6. Applicant may not hold any other titles
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES: As Fair royalty, you will be required to represent the Damascus Community Fair throughout the fair weekend and at a couple of community events throughout the year. A detailed schedule will be given to the King and Queen following the coronation. The schedule will include but is not limited to, passing out ribbons and awards at all livestock and pet shows, assist during the cake auction, etc. The crowned King and Queen can expect to be devoted to the fair for the full Saturday and Sunday, to take part in various activities being held. You may earn SSL hours while serving as King or Queen, but please be sure to bring the paperwork that needs to be completed with you at the conclusion of the fair.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To represent the Damascus
Community Fair exclusively throughout the Fair and at a
couple community events
throughout the year. Both the King and Queen are expected to conduct
themselves in a proper manner
when representing the Fair. This includes proper manners and appearance
and holding no other titles during the year.
A panel of impartial judges will select the applicants that will compete for the King and Queen. During the coronation, each participant will be required to provide a brief introduction and will be required to answer a fishbowl question.
The field of contestants will be narrowed down to six finalists containing three males and three females.
These finalists will be notified by September 1, 2017 as to the outcome of the contest. The King and Queen will be announced during the coronation ceremony, Friday September 8, 2017.
Awards and Prizes
Queen will receive a tiara, sash and a $50 award. The King will receive a medallion and a $50 award.